- To continue in Christianity’s quest for good music, the blog Mere Orthodoxy has a good post on one band that is creating beautiful things, Gungor.
- A humorous little story from D.A. Carson on why recognizing authorial intent when reading the Bible is so important. Summary: a postmodern reader actually does care about authorial intent when they are the author.
- How do we persevere when faced with extreme challenges? Wesley Towne shows that you do that by keeping your eyes on the finish line.
- The Gospel Coalition has compiled a series of updates on many current events happening around the nation that are affecting Christians.
- Voddie Baucham writes that the same-sex marriage movement is actually not the same as the black civil rights movement at all.
- John Piper and Tim Keller, arguably the two brightest minds in Christianity Today, have a video discussion about justification, sanctification, and the dynamics of faith.
- A new study has linked sexual behavior among adolescents to their exposure to sexual content in media.
Tweets of the day:
How to write a country song. New SCL. dld.bz/b8hrp
— Jon Acuff (@jonacuff) July 10, 2012
“A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar.” Mark Twain
— Tim Chaddick (@timchaddick) July 10, 2012